Enjoying physical play every day, at a young age, helps establish good habits for regular physical activity later in life. Providing your infant or child with plenty of time to move and play ensures they have lots of opportunity to grow, learn and develop. Physical play is also a fun activity for your family to do together. Some of the other benefits from regular physical play for your child include:
- helping to achieve and maintain a healthy weight gain
- building strong bones and muscles
- improving balance, movement, and coordination skills
- promoting social skills through interactions with people
- supporting brain development
- encouraging self-confidence and independence.
The following information will provide you with:
- The National Physical Activity Recommendations for Children 0-5 years
- activity ideas for physical play for children
- safety checklist for physical play.